The Protection Order Advocacy Program is a program within the Domestic Violence Unit of the King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office.
THE PROTECTION ORDER ADVOCACY PROGRAM
The Protection Order Advocacy Program assists King County residents and those who recently fled to King County (because of domestic violence) as they petition the courts for protection orders.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AVAILABLE AT
The Protection Order Advocacy Program is staffed by Protection Order Advocates who are employees of the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.
The mission of the Protection Order Advocacy Program is to assist King County residents who are experiencing domestic violence or abuse by a family or household member and who are filing for a domestic violence protection order.
Protection Order Advocates can:
• Answer questions about protection orders
• Explain the process of getting a protection order
• Help you determine whether you are eligible for a protection order
• Assist you in completing the protection order forms
• Prepare you for your protection order court hearings
• Stand with you during your full order hearing
• Explore options for serving protection orders
• Provide emotional support throughout the process
• Provide information about domestic violence, sexual abuse, and stalking
• Assist you with developing a safety plan
• Help troubleshoot problems and answer questions you may have about your order
• Help you identify lethality factors that may increase your risk
• Refer you to domestic violence and social service resources in the community
The Protection Order Advocacy Program has been assisting victims of domestic violence since 1988 and has helped more than 90,000 people with protection orders since the program began. Each year, the Protection Order Advocacy Program assist thousands of King County residents who are experiencing domestic violence by a family member or intimate partner.
COPYRIGHT MULTIMEDIA SEATTLE 2011 All Rights Reserved
WESTERN WASHINGTON DOMESTIC VIOLENCE PREVENTION & OUTREACH RESOURCE GUIDE